Monday, March 15, 2010

ALBUM DU JOUR

WHITE RABBITS - It's Frightening
Last night I had a dream that I was being taught to speak French by learning the lyrics to the song Charles Barkley sings in the Taco Bell commercial, and singing it over and over in French. ("le box, le box rochers balancent la cinq boƮte de dollar") It was genuinely awful.


So today I needed a great album to get the awful ditty out of my head for good, and It's Frightening did just that.  Thank you White Rabbits!  If you haven't heard these Brooklyn transplants (via Columbia, Missouri), I suggest starting here with their second album, released in May of last year.  The album was produced by Britt Daniel, so fans of Spoon will familiarize with the pounding pianos and drums in the forefront of several songs.  Their are also shades of solo Thom Yorke and quieter, spooky Radiohead on tracks like "Lionesse" and "Rudie Fails".  Check out the albums opening track "Percussion Gun" below, or quit messing about and go grab the whole album.  You'll thank me later.  Screw you, Barkley.

No comments:

Post a Comment